Saturday, April 11, 2020

Dalgona Coffee / Greek Frappe


Here is my version of the Dalgona Coffee / Greek Frappe. When I was in college, I studied in Athens for a semester, and I loved ordering Greek frappes. I have never been able to successfully recreate it, but this Dalgona Coffee is the closest I've gotten.

I edited the recipe, because 2 tablespoons of instant coffee was too much for me.

Recipe: Dalgona Coffee / Greek Frappe
  • 2 teaspoons instant coffee (I used Mount Hagen, decaf.)
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
Whisk until golden brown and creamy. I used a stand mixer, but I probably could have just whisked by hand with a whisk. (It did not get as golden brown / creamy when I used the smaller amount, but it tasted just as good.)

Fill a cup halfway or so with ice, add 1 cup of milk, and add coffee mixture on top. Mix and serve!

*I used sunflower seed milk. My recipe is 3/4 cup of water + 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds. Blend until smooth and strain with a fine mesh sieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment