I drink this every morning (sans dark chocolate bar), pretty much without fail. It's like my coffee. But sometimes I am craving something really chocolatey in the evenings, so I make an extra cold, extra chocolatey version of it, and that is this recipe below.
I also love spelling nondairy milk as "mylk" - look at how much cooler we are, dairy milk.
THE BEST Chocolatey Chocolate Cashew Mylk
- Ice - about three handfuls
- Coconut Water to 16 oz. line
- 2 Medjool dates, with pits removed (if you are using a smaller date, use 4)
- 2 heaping tablespoons good-quality cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 square of very dark chocolate (this adds an extra-rich chocolatey flavor)
- Fill blender with ice up to a little below 16 oz. line (several handfuls).
- Fill to 16 oz. line with coconut water - you could probably use regular water, but I prefer coconut water and it might not taste as flavorful with regular water.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend two times (one time is not enough to blend the ice).
- Drink cold! I store mine in a thermos-type container that keeps it cold for hours.
Yield: 1 serving